Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Don't ya just looovvveee love

February 18, 2014

 Howdy fambam! Oh my heart. Thank you gram and grams and Kathleen and Uncle Tracy and Di for the cute presents! Y'all are the sweetest! And thanks fambam for the adorable package! I'm in love with the picture collage. (Ashely, you bum. You would choose the worst picture EVER.) How did you know that S. Dumont is obsessed with mustaches AND chevy? She had an in love freak out. And those bracelets. stop. And we jam to Hillary Weeks for days now. Thank you!

Heavenly Father is seriously the best! So once upon a time, little ol' me was kinda bummed because I wanted to leave sooner on my mission and blah blah blah. WELL Heavenly Father knew what He was doing. Duh. Because now I get 2 of some of the best holidays! (and holidays on the mission are the best! b/c people are kinder and you get their attention and well hellllooo I love holidays.) This Valentine's day was the BEST. ever. (s.dumont and I were talking about what we did last Valentines Day and I go....ya well my date last year is now married. HAHA we had a good laugh. Yeeehhaawww for missions.) I never saw Valentine's day as a day to love EVERYONE around you or showing your love to Heavenly Father or even taking the time to see how much our Heavenly Father loves each of us. Earlier this week we made valentines (thanks for the cute kit mom!) with people for lessons and read scriptures about love and how serving others makes Heavenly Father happy. It was so fun! And you know that door kit you sent us? Well instead of decorating our door we used the different hearts to pass out to our members that help us constantly and we had a little love lesson with them. I couldn't have asked for a better valentine than Sister Dumont!  I LOVED IT THIS YEAR!
 
 
Oh HEY. We're moving out of the Peshkies! It's just been a bunch of things that have added up so we all just need a break for a bit.  So we will be heading to an apartment. But I'm very grateful for the time that I lived there because I learned a lot about myself and how to be a better person and in some ways to just simply grow up. It was a great learning experience and I'll always be grateful for the Peschkies for the life lessons they taught me!
 
For the next zone conference we're having the Olympics and this week we competed in the zone against the other sisters and mission status. Somehow I'm still somewhat athletic...what....because I won pushups, sit ups, and ladders. Hollerz for being able to do 100 serious push ups in 5 minutes. Who knew?  Not me.
 
We had the most tender lesson with GJet! She finally broke down and opened up to us and was crying and wahhh I love her. She needs hope in her life and the gospel can give her that. The gospel of Jesus Christ gives us the hope of a new day. As we develop trust in Heavenly Father and His timing, we're able to know that everything will be okay, even if we don't know what lies ahead. We're able to endure and continue moving forward when it seems that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. If we're keeping His commandments and living worthily, we don't need to fear because He is with us ALWAYS. "Whether it is the best of times or the worst of times, He is with us. He has PROMISED that this will NEVER CHANGE." ~President Thomas S. Monson. I love being a missionary! and I love being an instrument in the Lord's hands.
 
Transfers are this week so I'm way nervous but hey, if I get a new companion then that means I get to stretch and learn and grown and rely on my Savior even more, and I couldn't be more excited for that wonderful opportunity! I'm excited for a new best friend :)....but I love the one I've got right now! Missions are incredible. This gospel is incredible. And I'm just so happy that I get to be a part of it!
 
Have a great week and smillleeee. xoxoxo
 
Love Always,
 
Sister Case
Leberton's little girls gave me a new doo.
J. Miller :)
Sister Missionary Dolls. See the resemblance?

No comments:

Post a Comment