Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I was sent to the 2nd most prideful state in America

March 10, 2014

Howdy fambam! So yes, Nebraska is crazy prideful with their Huskers and I love it SO MUCH. It tickles my heart basically. Daylight savings also ruins missionaries' lives. Losing that one hour of sleep nearly killed me...but all is well. I am alive--even if my eyelids weighed 1,000 lbs. And it's warm. My prayers are being answered. The cold straight up is not good for me. I'm so happy. OH. MY. HEART. We taught 30 lessons this week! What to the whattttt? Heavenly Father has BIG plans for Columbus. So buckle up and get readyyyy. Yeeehawww.
 
Funny story that I've been needing to tell you for ages: We were teaching the Leberthons the Ten Commandments and Dominique is 6 (and says she won't get baptized unless we come back her for baptism...what a sweetie). Sister Dumont and I were taking turns talking about each Commandment...and I'm just eyeing her because I can't wait to see how she's going to explain adultery to a kindergartner...and Sister Dumont starts and Dominique asks what adultery is...and Sister Dumont says, "ummm DON'T TALK TO BOYS." FUNNIEST MOMENT EVER. And so now whenever we go over she's like, "can I please talk to boys? Because I am. I talk to all the boys in my class." hahahahaha I love it.
 
You know how I talk in my sleep? Ya, well it has gotten worse. I pray and teach lessons in my sleep all the time. Like I started doing it my 1st week out and it's to the point where sometimes I don't sleep because I feel like I'm being disobedient because I need to teach or something...even though the world is asleep. I'm going insane. Obviously. The other night I woke Sister Vogel  up I guess teaching a lesson or praying and saying "we are all children of Christ." I'm not normal. I shouldn't ever come home I guess haha.

Some info on some of our investigators:

Sue! A requirement for baptism is to attend church 3 times--and one of those times has to be for all 3 hours so you can check out relief society and make sure you're committed.  Her and Brother Witt have reallllllly bad health problems so they weren't able to attend yesterday, so her date will now be for March 22nd. :) But all is well. She's like sprinting to the font and Sister Vogel and I are crawling trying to teach her everything and get her interview all ready and all this stuff so it's better this way! Please pray that her body won't ache next week so that she can attend all 3 hours!  She is soooo cute.  She said,  "So my baptism is like a weekend that revolves all around ME?" MY KIND OF LADY.
  
The Castanovas! I love them! They are a family and are set for April 12. Guadelupe--the mom--really understands it all and loves the plan of salvation! They like us coming over and we're really good buds with them. Saturday night we went over and had tacos and then had a little bonfire for s'mores.
 
Georgette is going to let us start teaching her kids! She wants them to know God and get baptized. What? But we know that it will only be through her help and example that the kids will stay committed. Baby steps!
 
Real quick about Tayna--she's not set for baptism--but it's so sad! She has like zero self worth and it makes me very sad. I was studying and thinking how to help her and I just felt of  her sadness and how it makes Heavenly Father sad when we don't love His beautiful creation. Then I thought about y'all and how y'all are each so beautiful. This world is so brutal when it comes to self worth and then I started thinking of my future children and how I want them to know how wonderful and beautiful they are.
 
My scripture for the week:  Mosiah 14:5 -- "And thus the flesh becoming subject to the Spirit, or the Son to the Father, being one God, asuffereth temptation, and yieldeth not to the temptation, but suffereth himself to be mocked, and bscourged, and cast out, and disowned by his cpeople."
 
Jesus Christ is incredible! Wounded for MY transgressons. Brusied for MY inquites. His chastisement = my peace. His stripes = I am healed. And then I started reading 1 Cor 12 in the Bible. I love how we all have different gifts, but as we use and share them with others, we begin to become like Christ. We're not all the same for a reason. We're different so we can learn and grow from one another! There is this song that I love! One part goes, "Am I more than flesh and bone; am I really something beautiful? I want to believe. Jesus help me believe that I am someone worth dying for." I am worth it. You are worth it. WE ARE ALL WORTH IT. We're all different and special in our own way.

One of the biggest downfalls of pride is comparing what we have or who we are to others. Never compare yourself to anyone because Heavenly Father made each of us. President Weston told us, "If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, the only person you can blame is Heavenly Father because He. made. YOU." Jesus Christ loved each of us so much that He died for every single one of us!

"If you want a friend you have to be a friend." We need to each make Christ our BEST friend, but we must begin and work on that relationship. That's something I really want to work on. I know OF him but I want to KNOW HIM. It's going to take work and consistency, and ya I'm going to mess up at times but that is what is so beautiful about the Atonement. We mess up, we can try again. We fall, He will give us a hand and lift us back up. It's up to each of us if we want to live with Christ again. We are each someone that was worth dying for -- He knows our potential. But we must decide if we will begin to become what He wants us to be. To be the clay that He can mold. 
 
I LOVE THIS GOSPEL AND I LOVE Y'ALL! LET HIM IN. LET HIM MOLD YOU.
 
Love Always,
 
Sister Case

No comments:

Post a Comment