Friday, March 7, 2014

1/3

March 4, 2014

Howdy fambam! Is it freezing down there too? Probably not..since Texas is perfect. Like Jack Frost, stop being so rude! OMH I have so much to tell y'all. Crazy miracles for sure. and AHHHHHHH I only have 1 year left. 365 days. In a year from TODAY I will be on the plane heading home. What? Stop. Not okay. WHY IS MY LIFE FLASHING BEFORE MY EYES? Okay I don't have time to be dramatic anymore....
 
To answer some random questions: Eileen is 92 and my favvvvv. So sassy and future Lindsey White--I kid you not. She's such a gem...but Sylvia and Emily???. They invited us to Em's birthday party last week and that was good but kinda awkward...and then we were supposed to see her yesterday and she bailed so aka sneak attack. Keep them in your prayers please!
 
We had zone conference this week! I was able to see Sister Harris and Sister Dumont! I cried. obviously. (mom--i'm turning into you!) So I had all 3 of my companions with me and it was oh so tender. We learned bunches about prayer and how you need to be yourself and talk to Heavenly Father as if I'm talking to Daddy. THEN we had the zone conference Olympics and I won the gold for my two events! Ladders and push ups! Yeehaw. 111 real deal push ups.
 

 
 
Sister Vogel and I worked our tails off this week and we are already seeing the blessing for it! Last week during weekly planning we both felt that we should put 4 as our # people set with a baptism date and we were a little nervous....going from 0 to 4 in one week?!  But we listened to the spirit and put it down for a goal of 4 and we did it! Well,  the spirit did it. And we had 6 member present lessons. 6. My jaw is still on the floor.
 
SUE WITT. Brother Witt is her husband and we helped get him all active when I first got here and he is just the best! He now passes the sacrament and he just got the Melchizedek priesthood. She's come to church bunches now where before she wouldn't even come out for the lessons!  For some reason the branch had little faith in her because I kept asking  what more could we do, and lets take it up a notch because I kept feeling like she was ready and they would always be like "you're not being grateful for this activity she's doing now"--basically. not those words but prettttyyy much. WELL, our lesson on Monday we committed her to pray about a date that felt right to her and she goes, "I have one already. I would like to be baptized on June 1st." WHAT. THAT IS SO GREATTTTT. Because she's always been scared that her mom--who has passed away--would be upset with her and her decision to become Mormon. She always asked, "can I be catholic and Mormon?" tender...but no. OH BUT WAIT. THERE'S MORE. Our lesson Friday she goes, "I'm ready. When can I get baptized?" Like I think I passed out for a second. And the whole lesson she was just so excited to get baptized. So she is now set for MARCH 15TH. Holy Hannah I'm in love. And she kept asking, "so who's gonna dip me?" She is cute or is she cute? Brother Witt was BEAMING. "I've been praying for this day for the last 5 years when I was baptized." ahhh I'm so happy and freaking out. She said the closing prayer and in it she said, "I know my mother would be proud of me and the decision I have made."
 
The castavnoa story is for next week :)
 
ahhhh I love y'all and have 8 million more things to say but for now just know that this gospel is true and that I am so happy. LIKE PURE JOY. This work is incredible and I am thrilled to be able to work with Heavenly Father's children here in Columbus. It's an honor and a privilege. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I wish everyone would go on a mission. Pray about it! The next 365 days are going to be incredible.
 
I love y'all sooo much. xoxo
 
Sister Case

No comments:

Post a Comment