Monday, April 21, 2014

I live in a Snow Globe

April 14, 2014

HOWDY FAMBAM. Where in the world did the time go?! One year ago I was opening my call  and NOW I'M OUT LIVING MY DREAM. Time should really slow down. And WHAT IS WITH THIS WEATHER. Saturday I was out playing with a goat (doing service for a member)
and then on Sunday it was a blizzard. WHY?

Our recent convert, Sue Witt, is doing incredible! She is constantly glowing and does all her reading and just wants to keep learning and growing and being more confident in the gospel. Their home is full of the spirit and I love teaching them! They just make my heart tickle. Please pray for Syliva Ash and Emily Castillo. They haven't come to church since their confirmation and they now don't want anything to do with the church. Satan attacked right after their baptism at work and we haven't been able to see them since January pretty much.

Sister Vogel and I are going around trying to find less actives....so we've gotten a few slammed doors and screams directed  at us. We found one lady and she says she's Catholic and hasn't been active for 10 years now but was super sweet. We told her the steps to be taken off the branch list and she said she would write a letter. In the meantime MY HEART WAS BREAKING, but we all have our agency. During our time of trying to reach her, her husband (who is not a member) and two little boys would come to the door and talk with us to tell us she wasn't home, but they were so nice! I instantly fell in love with them. I didn't do anything to stop her or bear my testimony or anything and I felt terrible afterwards. My mouth felt like it was glued shut or something. Like hellloooooo Sister Case! Do something! The next morning I was still thinking about it and while reading Alma 5, and this question really hit me: "Have ye spiritually been born of God?" I said yes because I've been baptized and I'm on a mission...but am I really sharing the gospel with others? I 've been too chicken to go up to people lately to give them a Mormon.org card and GET their number. I didn't say anything to Sister Cisneros or bear my testimony. If I truly love this gospel then I should want EVERYONE to know about it too. I need to be more brave and bold! I'm brave in lessons but not while street contacting and I need to step it up! I prayed about it and I told Heavenly Father how sorry I was and He told us to write a letter with our testimonies and just drop in her mailbox. So that's what we did--and Heavenly Father made perfect timing too because the husband actually delivered it. I don't know what will happen, but I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us and others and He has a plan for everything. We've told other less actives about writing a letter, but for some reason I have a special place in my heart for Sister Cisneros. I will continue to pray for her and her family and hopefully someday something will happen for their family.
 
I RODE MY VERY FIRST FERRIS WHEEL ON SATURDAYYYY. (don't worry we asked for permission from  the zone leaders...well if I brought them some cotton candy on Wednesday haha) We went to the carnival and passed out a ton of Mormon.org cards! and Brother Vavra came and did the same. Then we met up with the Castanovas! (they didn't come to church. again. aka busted.) Golly I just love them. but we've realized that they need to have more faith so that's what our focus will be on now.
 
I was listening to some talks while getting ready--and "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" came on. Golly I just love that song. It got me realllll good on Sunday. "If the Savior stood beside me....would I try to share the gospel?" HE IS ALWAYS WITH ME THOUGH I DO NOT SEE HIM THERE. I keep forgetting that we are all children of God and that we are all brothers and sisters. So I shouldn't be afraid. Sister Vogel says it's Satan getting to me. He knows that I know that it's really time to put my game face on so he's making me a chicken and I'm letting him! Well not anymore buddy boy! EVERY DAY IS GAME DAY. So here I go! I'm excited to step out into this cold and windy day because I'm going to meet and talk with some of my lovely brothers and sisters.
 
Have a hoppy Easter and remember what it's all about! I love y'all soooooo much. xoxoxo
 
Sister Case
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment