Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I just told you my whole life yesterday.

May 12, 2014

Howdy! Seeing y'all last night was oh so tender! My heart was tickled. I just love you soooo much! Yeehhaawwwww for eternal families!
Miracles are happening here in Columbus! This past week at zone training, Sister Vogel and I were able to give a training and we focused a lot of it on sharing the gospel with those that you don't normally think to--like the girl at the table listening in on the lesson or someone in the kitchen--just really trying to include everyone in on the lesson. That training has really helped me grasp a greater desire to share the gospel with everyone! I mean, if we had the cure for cancer that is what we would be doing--telling everyone about it! So we were at a less actives home and we see that her brother is home. Before we begin, we ask her if he would like to join us but she says he probably wouldn't. Well that would just not cut it for Heavenly Father so we then asked if we could go ask him and she said yes! We go and knock on his door and ask him if he would like to learn more about happiness and how to obtain it and he said okay and joined in the lesson about being happy. It just showed me that as long as we open our mouths, God will handle the rest. He is now an investigator and is really sincere. I'm so excited to go back to their house this week to teach them more!
Another miracle we had was on Sunday morning. Sister Vogel and I are striving to be a star companionship every week and we had no one coming to church! We go to our investigator Matthew's  home (because he said he would come, Saturday night) and he says that his leg is killing him and that he won't be able to make it. "No" was not an  answer we could have! We quickly broke down in testimony and told him that we had the faith that he could make it to church and that his leg would be healed in time. We said a prayer with him and said that we would be back to see how he was feeling in about 15 minutes. We then sprint over to our friends  house and she is  sitting in her chair crying  and is not dressed for church. We listen to her troubles, promise her that the sacrament will help her and share our testimonies. We then sprint to her room and grab some clothes, help her get dressed, do her hair, and go  out the door! Then we sprint to Mathew's (and church starts in 3 minutes....) and he is ready to go! Heavenly Father healed him! We quickly call a member to come pick him up. It was so crazy and stressful but Heavenly Father changed their minds and helped them see that church can heal the wounded heart and even leg. Two more souls were able to take the sacrament and I just had a tickle in my heart. Christ died for every single one of us and so everyone should have the opportunity to take the sacrament. The miracles that happened in those 20 minutes will never be forgotten.
 
I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. He is mindful of each and every one of us. I love love love  this gospel. I'm so happy! Share your missionary experiences with me :)
 
love always, forever and a day, and all that jazz,
 
Sister Case
Sis Harris  :)
 
Love me some Appels
 

No comments:

Post a Comment