Monday, June 16, 2014

Crazy life for a Crazy Missionary

June 2, 2014

Howdy Fambam!

Some interesting things happened this week. Well for one...I FOUND THE ICE CREAM MAN. His name is Shawn. Love himmmmm. Oh and we had a lesson with someone who told us he was a werewolf? And then he was creepily calling us late last night. Gotta love the missionary life. Oh and we had to help a lady wash her cat--TO GET HER TO COME TO CHURCH. You can't make this stuff up! Nebraska humans...or part animals...are crazy and I love it!

 

Julia is now in Arizona and it was so sad but I know Heavenly Father has something special in mind. I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

Sister Frisina and I were locked out of our apartment and so we had to wait a bit for someone to come help us....so that meant we were stuck there sitting on the stairs staring at each other....and I KNOW that Heavenly Father had a hand in that. We're not unified in our teaching or really anything! We are just so different....and it's been instant best friends with my last two companions but it's actual work this time. I have to remind myself to talk to her or ask her questions or leave her warm fuzzys...it's just different and something I'm not used to. But it's just what I've needed. I feel like I'm soooo uptight about rules and being a great missionary and so much stuff that I'm now needing to be more relaxed. I'm so grateful for the atonement and the chance I have to try again. Each minute I can try again. And that's what I'm beginning to realize...that it's about trying and becoming a little better with each try. I love this gospel! I was praying to Heavenly Father and in my prayer journal I wrote down, "Trust me. You are given your trials for a reason. I have a plan for YOU, Sister Case. Trust me, and you trust by smiling through it all. Believe in me and you will see." He is chipping away my rough edges. To mold means putting pressure against. Each day is a new day I've realized. Actually, each minute is a new minute to repent, shake it off, and try again. I'm not perfect, though I try to be a perfectionist. I'm not a lot of things but I AM a representative of Jesus Christ and each day I can try to be more like my Savior. I have good days and not so good days...but I'm learning! I'm trying to understand the atonement and use it in my life everyday and I know it will come. So until then I'll keep TRYING. I'll keep praying. I'll keep smiling. I'll keep trusting. There is NO other place I would rather be than here in Nebraska serving His children.


 
I love y'all! Let me know of your missionaries experiences :)
Sister Case

No comments:

Post a Comment