Thursday, September 4, 2014

Faith in Every Footstep

Tuesday September 2, 2014

Howwwddeeee! How are y'all? Did you do anything fun for labor day? I'm glad y'all were able to go to Uncle Tom's funeral. He was a gem!

Funny stuff--you know that BYU tour of 3 guys that I took? Well one of them somehow got my full name and mission address and sent me a tender little postcard! I was dying! Life is still grand.
Best. Slide. Ever.
 
We're teaching this girl--here in good ol' Kanesville--named August! She 's 12. Her grandma isn't a member but she is very supportive of August learning more about the gospel. Her parents do not want her to learn :( wahhh so we can't meet at her house to teach but we are allowed to go to other places and August and gram came to church yesterday and loved it! The YW swarmed August after sacrament and she is excited for Wednesday night! Fellow shipping is so important! No one came up to Diana (the grandma) so aka if you ever see someone new in church--get your bottom over there and introduce yourself! I was DYING. Help a missionary out. Please keep these two gems in your prayers. August doesn't know anything about Jesus Christ so we are starting from level 0. It's going to be a slow process but if she's coming closer to Christ, then it's all worth it!

The Trail Center is great! It's starting to slow down though. Like Friday I was there for 6 hours and had 0 tours. I really do love it there! It makes me sad to think that I could possibly leave after this transfer and i don't know how long I will be here for so I'm trying to enjoy every second of it!
Brother Brockway.  We live with him and his wife. 
We love having popcorn parties with them.
 

I had 2 super neat experiences at the Trial Center that I want to share! The 1st was this man in a tour for a group of special needs people. (it was a tender mercy b/c the 2nd my bumbum hit 1st chair they walked in. It made me think of my fun times with Circle of Friends in high school.) This man was one of the leaders/sponsors. The main topic that kept coming up with everyone was faith. When we got to the memorial room (the glass room that overlooks the temple and pioneer cemetery) I sang "I Am A Child of God) and that was a very special experience in itself. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us and that we are all His children. By the end of tour, the man was asking why the pioneers would leave everything for this religion. At one point, I knew the question he was going to ask before he even finished--word for word in my head. (so cool!) And the answer that came to me was SHARE THE BOOK OF MORMON. I began to explain its importance and asked if I could share Moroni 10:3-5 and he immediately asked if he could have his own book! I then bore my testimony on the Book of Mormon and he asked if missionaries could come visit him. He told me that missionaries had come to his door a few times before, but he always shooed them away! But after taking a tour, his heart was filled with happiness. He figured that if the pioneers dropped everything to follow this religion, then he should take the time to learn more about it and the peace he was feeling. It was an incredible experience!

I also had the opportunity to take a family on a tour right before we closed. They had just come from the temple doing baptisms. One of the daughters is leaving for her mission next month to Phoenix, AZ and I was able to talk to her and calm down her nerves. It was really tender! We didn't have much time, but I felt very impressed, while in the memorial room, to sing "families can be together forever" and ask how the temple has blessed and affected their lives. Well the mother became a bawling mess and the girls started tearing up as they shared their testimonies and then I started tearing up too. Golly. But the Spirit was there and we all knew--in that little room--that families truly can be together forever.

I'm working out new things and trying to know my Savior better. I love being able to learn and grow. Sister Purcell has been sick lately and so I've been able to step up the mother status and help her. Thank you mother dearest for all that you've taught me. It has been a great experience to love and feel like the Savior does for each of us as his children. I can't wait to be a mommy someday! Which is so funny b/c before my mission i thought everyone was a little gremlin :)
Celebrating Sister Purcell's 4 month mark with Krispie Kreme Doughnuts.
 
I love y'all so much and I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It can change hearts and answer any question of the soul. I would love for you to share your testimony with me! They build me up!

love always,

Sister Case

No comments:

Post a Comment