Monday, September 1, 2014

1 year down.....99 more to go

August 25, 2014

Sooooooo I hit my year mark. #SHAMBLED LIFE. All is well though. Tender moment--we had zone conference on my year mark AND IT WAS IN MY SIOUX CITY CHURCH BUILDING. 1st time I've been back there since I left once upon a time. I loved it! Zone Conference was incredible! I wish I had my notes with me right now. It was allll about the Book of Mormon and it  put so much into perspective of how so many people fought for it and how now it's my turn to share. My testimony of the Book of Mormon has exploded! We have been asked to carry one around with us everywhere and to loan one out everyday. So here we go! And the whole mission is reading the Book of Mormon together from start to finish. We had to underline every single time is says atonement, God, Jesus Christ, or any other form of their names. And we have to circle the word heart every time. The NOM (Nebraska Omaha Mission) missionaries are incredible and I am so grateful to be serving with all of these gems. We will all have a changed heart together. So by next zone conference we will all have read the Book of Mormon. Eek! I am so excited. We also sang the EFY  medley all together and it was incredible. I recorded it :) All of us missionaries truly are like the army of Helaman and I am so happy to be serving a mission right now.
Adding the Book of Mormon to the
 " Little Free Library Box"
 
I sang in one of my tours this week! I felt like I should and it totally brought the spirit in. I really do love to sing. I don't know why I have never really shared that talent with others as much as I could in my life. I'm working on it. I'm really trying to figure out what other talents I have and then use them to share and help others. Can you help me? Strugglesss.

Something that I've realized is that a mission truly never ends. Coming on a mission has helped me see how to be a missionary until the day I die. It's never going to end, really. Hahaha but I'm so obsessed with being a missionary that I sleep with a Book of Mormon under my pillow and sleep with my name tag on....I might be going a little overboard...but I love my cute tag and never want to take it off! Brigham Young said, "There is neither man or woman in this Church who is not on a mission. That mission will last as long as they live, and it is to do good, to promote righteousness, to teach the principles of truth, and to prevail upon themselves and everybody around them to live those principles that they may obtain eternal life." loovvveee itttt
Buddies I came out with.
My Columbums :)

It's so weird to think that I've always wanted to serve a mission and now I've got only 6 months left. My testimony has grown so much and I ahhhh I am just so grateful! I love the Book of Mormon and I know it's true. I receive personal revelation from it every time I diligently seek. I feel at peace and I know I'm a child of God because He hears me and help me understand what I need to work on, become, or just help me know that everything will be okay. And because I know that the Book of Mormon is true, I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I have more charity than before. I'm a better listener. I'm more patient. (I know.....it's kind of hard to believe.....since we all know I'm always driving the struggle bus of life.) Having S. Purcell as my companion puts a whole new meaning to being a child of God. I 'm so grateful for this opportunity that I finally have to be a senior companion. I think it took me forever to finally be one because I was super prideful and wanted it for the all the wrong reasons. But now I see the responsibility as a sacred task and privilege. I'm learning how to give correction in a loving way. With S. Purcell as my baby it makes me realize that we are all God's children. I must love my companion and put her 1st and help her with whatever she needs. My needs don't matter. Turning outward is crucial and Heavenly Father is molding me and helping me. If Sister Purcell is so important to me, and helping her feel loved and listened to, think of how important and special we are to Heavenly Father! And when we realize the love that God has for each of us, we only want to uplift one another.

 S. Purcell is preparing me for marriage and motherhood in ways I never thought about.  I just want to have a family and help my own little baby gems. That sounds so weird but it's true. She has opened my eyes to so many things and how to look at life. I love families! The whole choosing a husband thing is pretty intimidating...(holla for not having to deal with that for awhile..) but I know that families are eternal. And I loveee y'all so much. Like I'm so happy! It's veryyyy hard....but I'm happy. My choice!
My first day with Sister Purcell
 
Language is so crucial and important. I've come to know that the only words that should come out of my mouth are kind and gentle words. Even silly words or sarcasm are not okay. Speaking only like the Savior would and living each day as if he were beside me. That's the kind of life I want to live. I know that miracles are all around us every single day and that God is in the details of our lives. I know the atonement is real.

I am so grateful! to be on a mission right now. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father and I just want to make them proud of me and become the potential that they see in me. Here's to a beautiful, exhausting, miracle seeing 6 months! YEEEEHAWWWW!!!

Love always,

Sister Case 

No comments:

Post a Comment