Saturday, August 23, 2014

MI GUSTA COMIDA

July 28, 2014

HOWDY. I think I just said I like food? Eh. I'm trying to be cool like all of my friends and it's not working. And hey! This spanishy family was talking to us and was like come eat some food and lets talk about Jesus. LOVE THEM. and we talked about Vera Bradley. Like are we meant for each other or what? Pray that things can work out with them! anywhooo HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO MY FOXY SISTER ASHLEY. 17 YEEEHAWWW. I LOVE YOU SISSY.

Jessica and Jeremy are doing great! We had a lesson with them and while we were teaching the Restoration, Jessica goes "Wait. So how was the priesthood restored?" BOOM. LOVE. MISSIONARY YAYNESS. And then Jeremy was like--"I want to meet your Bishop. Is that possible?" So guess who has a church tour with them and Bishop Perry tonight?! AHHH I LOVE FAMILIES. AND THEY ARE SO TENDER. Pray that it all works out!

The ward is not close at all and it breaks my heart! We're trying to do service for them but it seems like they don't want help. But we will keep trying! Slowly and surely we WILL get into the hearts of the members of Hastings! We met with the Young Women's president this week to help her out and let her know that we really want to help her and the young women in any way--and it went great! We even taught the lesson yesterday!

I'm learning lots about open communication and patience and seeing how many arguments I can LOSE. One of our members was talking to us about her schooling and how it was extremely hard but the way she looked at it was that 7 years was going to fly by no matter what--and in that 7 years she could have a PhD and all these other things, or not. But the 7 years was still going to come. And it made me think of our actions and trials we go through. They will come...and they will pass...but what we do while we're in them and what we learn is what makes the difference. "This life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors."
 I am very grateful for the trials I have because I know Heavenly Father loves me enough to grow. When I was studying this morning this verse really popped out at me! Alma 34:41 "But that ye have patience and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions." I am grateful for the opportunities that Heavenly Father is giving me to learn patience because I KNOW that is something I really need to work on!

I love my Savior and I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I love this whole learning thing. I mean it totallyyyy stinks but at the same time it's the best blessing in the world! Is Heavenly Father such a gem or what?!
love always,
Sister case

No comments:

Post a Comment