Friday, August 22, 2014

My Atonement Moment

July 7, 2014
 
 
Howdy fambam! Destin looks soooo fun! I can't wait to hear all about it! And when is efy? The 4th was great! It sounded like WW3 with all the fireworks. I LOVE FIREWORKS AND NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY WITH THEM WAS SO SAD. But I saw 8,000 different shows from all our our neighbors from our window haha and the members we spent the evening with bought fireworks so we could watch them use them and have sparklers. So tender. I feel like I latch onto a family in every area and the Kisters are my Hastings parents. Why doesn't TX have a million firework selling tents too? Rudeee. But I love America. And Fireworks. And Hastings.
 
 
We have this really special family that we're teaching! Jeremy and Jessica Root--and they have a 2 yr old daughter. We were trying formers in a certain neighborhood and accidentally went to their home, but no one answered. When we realized that we went to the wrong place, we had a feeling we should just try them again anyways. Jessica was super open and willing for us to come back! We set them for baptism on their first lesson and they accepted! Our first lesson was about the family proclamation and they loved it. And on our second visit we brought a member and they seemed to really click. Things are going great and I'm so excited for what lay ahead. They feel as if we are a blessing in their life and that their marriage and communication is getting better through our lessons and learning about the Book of Mormon. I love them! And I love knowing that Heavenly Father has a plan for each and every one of us. They have definitely strengthened my testimony to be in tune to listen and follow the spirit. You never know what it might tell you, or who lay behind each door.
 
I had a really special 'atonement moment' this week. I've just been struggling with some things and finally had a break down on my knees during one of my prayers. I told Heavenly Father that I was carrying around a big bag of boulders and that I really couldn't do it anymore. I needed His help. I needed the atonement to fix me. I needed a hug from my Father in heaven. I poured out my heart to Him and asked Him that when I got up to get ready for the day that He would be there for me. I said amen, and I hadn't even gotten up when I felt such peace and comfort. I felt the atonement truly work within me. A weight was lifted off of me and it felt incredible. I've never experienced that before but I'm so grateful for it. I know that the atonement is real and that it can work within each and every single one of us.

I was reading in Alma 38 and it made me think of my own life. How often do we go our own "3 days" before we finally break down and ask for help?

8 And it came to pass that I was three days and three nights in the most bitter pain and anguish of soul; and never, until I did cry out unto the Lord Jesus Christ for mercy, did I receive a remission of my sins. But behold, I did cry unto him and I did find peace to my soul.
9 And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and righteousness.

I love how there is NO OTHER WAY. That ONLY IN AND THROUGH CHRIST can we be healed and saved and return home to Heavenly Father. We truly can't do it alone. We just can't. No matter how big or tough we may seem--we're just not strong ENOUGH. That is WHY we have a Savior. And it's not until we turn to him and say, "HELP ME! I CAN'T GO ANY FURTHER!" that he will come. I think it's interesting that we allow ourselves to go soooo long before finally hitting rock bottom. To hit our knees. To ask for help. Why don't we just ask for help ALL along the way? Why do our lives have to be in shambles for us to be humble? PRIDE. grrrr. But hey, I'm learning! And maybe one day I'll get it right, but until then I'll keep trying. And I can continue turning to the Lord.

Alma 37: 36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

I'm truly gaining a testimony of prayer. I feel like I'm beginning to gain a relationship with him. I love the scriptures and they are coming alive to me! I get so excited for my studies now because I know that as I open up my heart and mind, that I can receive revelation for myself and those around me. I love this life. I love the gospel! I will be forever grateful for it and the opportunity that I have to share it with others.
I love y'all soooo much. How have your studies been?
Love Always,

Sister Case
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment