Monday, March 2, 2015

I am a Child of God and HE HAS SENT ME HERE

February 23, 2015

Howdy fambam! Guess what...I'M GOING TO THE ZOOOOOO TODAY. Hahaha everyone has been telling me for forever that I have to go there before my mission is over...ehhh better late than never. (oh and I have one more email time next week!) 

1 Nehpi 3:15 "...As the Lord liveth, and as we live, (I) will not go down unto (my) father in (Texas) until (I) have accomplshed the thing which the Lord hath commanded (me)." ....I think I'm rather funny....

I love Sister Hodges.

So this week was wonderful. I mean...I've had a few minor break downs but all is well. I'll be honest...I feel like my heart is getting ripped out and there's just nothing I can do about it. It just really...hurts. Loving people in a way I've never loved and knowing that I won't be able to be doing this full time anymore. But I understand that it has to finish eventually....because there is more in store and more miracles to see and God's plan is still needing to be fulfilled. This week at one point before getting into bed, I just sat and cried and prayed..."Why do I have to go...don't make me have to do this..." and I just felt such peace. Even though I can't see the big picture in all things, God has allowed me to see parts and that is more than enough for me. This work is true. I have a whole week to listen and love. How great is that?! 

Our investigator--MJ the Muslim--is like our baby. He still struggles with English things..hahahaha like the other day instead of saying "thank you" he texted back "gratitude." What a gem. Well speed dating was at FHE last week (ya. we conveniently were on shift at the Trail Center) and apparently he loved it. So after our lesson this week we asked if there was anything we could do for him #badidea b/c that led to.."Can you teach me how to get a girl's number and ask her on a date?" UGH. Like we don't know how to do that anymore....struggles. But we then had a few role plays on that and taught some things from the Strength of Youth. I feel like I've had to do this quite a few times on my mission....WHY ME. But it was hilarious. Just loving life over here in Nebraska.
I ate an Ox tail.
 
2 of the less actives that we have been working with are officially active members! And one of them now really wants to go to baptisms for the dead and another one will be on the active status next week and oh my heart, miracles! I might have not had all these baptisms or anything..but helping find the lost sheep and bring them back to the fold has been HARD but so incredible as well. I am very grateful for all of it!

I'm learning lots about charity. We have this one guy in our ward that just pushes everyone away! And when he lets you in...he gets mad for showing his feelings and then is even worse. Like he can be straight up MEAN but it's the most incredible thing b/c I still love him. I truly desire to help him come unto Christ. I mean...we all need 2nd chances. I need like 117 chances each day from God...and so it should be no different with all of those around us. We need to continue to love. To give other's the benefit of the doubt. To keep trying to encourage. He will probably never know this...but he has helped me come to know my Savior and the love that he has for each of us. People really just need a friend and someone to turn to even when we feel they don't deserve it. We just need to be like Christ :)

This week I've also learned that coming to know the savior isn't just an 18 month gig...but a whole life time journey. I love my Savior. I am so grateful that I was called to NEBRASKA. God sent me here--and it's exactly where I needed to be. Where I could meet the people that changed my heart and were examples to me. Where I could meet people that would become family. Where I shared my testimony and watched it grow. I love this place and I know that Thomas S. Monson is called of God because I was sent to HERE.  Life is better when you're living "the good life."

Love Always,

Sister Case
We got our "flying sheets" and were not too happy about it.  Elder Elieson and Sister Tune.

 
Someone decided to put Elder Card and I as the screen saver... Not Funny!
One last Matching Wednesday. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment