Sunday, March 1, 2015

I. Am. A. SURVIVOR

February 2, 2015

HOWDY FAMBAM. Oh my heart. I am alive. Super Bowl Sunday....never do I ever have to deal with that as a missionary ever again. You could be so proud--I never even said I was cold. (okay I only did once b/c I was taking a picture for sister Hodges and I had to take my glove off and I thought I was going to just amputate it b/c there was no feeling there afterwards...but other then that...)

Heavenly Father is so kind. I kept telling Sister Hodges that we needed to have appointments for Sunday b/c last super bowl was rough and I just wanted to be prepared...and then everything got cancelled. Church, the trail center, break the fast, all of it! BUT I prayed and promised the Lord that I would be positive all day and that whatever came our way, I would love it! The second I made that promise...our cars were grounded. ALL IS WELL.
Hahaha I placed sticky notes everywhere before I went to bed reminding myself that it was going to be the best day of my mission....and it really was a great day! Attitude is everything. We helped some people shovel out their cars and push them, and 2 members even came and picked us up even though it was a "emergency only" travel status. And we were able to watch The Testaments with our investigator (MJ--he's Muslim. and super neat!) at Stacey's. It was just a wonderful experience to get on my knees last night and not pray for all the things that I needed or didn't go right...but to just say thank you for all that DID work out.

IT'S FEBRUARY. I LOVE FEBRUARY. IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE MONTHS. It's all focused on Charity and I just love loveeeee. And helping others feel loved. And being an instrument in God's hands to help them feel of God's love. I mean, if we all had that kind of attitude every single day--think of how much happier this world would be! So try your hardest to do at least one act of charity every single day this month!

We're back to having exchanges with the other sisters and it went really well. WE HAD 6 DIFFERENT TEAM UPS. Can you say miracles? I love this ward! And they're willingness to serve.

Apparently 26 missionaries are leaving this transfer..and only 9 are coming in. PEOPLE. GO ON MISSIONS AND COME TO NOM. And if anyone would ever like to...READ THIS TALK. Oh my heart it is incredible. http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=882

What else....oh! We had a chat this week at the Trail Center..with a murder. That was fun. I mean...he said he wanted to be forgiven and all these things and of course we testified of the atonement of Jesus Christ and how it could heal him...we are such gullible missionaries...well he eventually said "hail satan!" and logged off. My life. I LOVE IT. every. single. ridiculous. second. 
 

Can I just say that I'm obsessed with my mission? We were having to scrape all the ice off our car and it was supppper stuck! and Sister Hodges goes, "Sister Case, take all your anger out  on that chunk right there." So I started yelling "I DON'T WANT TO END MY MISSION. I AM STAYING HERE FOREVERRR." and taddaaaa I got all the ice off.
But in all seriousness, I am so grateful for the opportunity that we each have to serve and use the atonement and become new! A member took us out to dinner and was telling us how he was so grateful for things and always tries to serve b/c God had given him a second chance at life. (he's had lots of near death experiences) and that totally got me thinking about how a mission is honestly a second chance at life. God loves and trusts each of us enough to go out and teach His children even though we are totally not capable of a lot of  things--but He always makes it work out..and then molds and shapes us in the process. 3 Nephi 12:47 "Old things are done away, and all things have become new." I feel like I say this every week--but I am so grateful for the atonement and how it helps us become better as we allow ourselves to come unto Christ.

I feel like I talk about happiness alllll the time--but that is one of the biggest things that I'm learning on my mission. I've always been a pretty happy person, but on my mission I've learned and gained a testimony of TRUE happiness.
I know that happiness is a choice. I know that as we put our trust in God, and give Him our hearts--give up our will for His--then we WILL be happy b/c we will see things in a fresh view. A brighter view. True happiness comes from reading the scriptures, keeping the commandments, repenting daily, praying with real intent, renewing our covenants, service, and helping others come unto Christ. True happiness comes from TRYING and knowing that God will accept our effort.

I'm just a happy human and I'm loving seeing all the little blessings around me daily.

I love y'all!

Sister Case

No comments:

Post a Comment