Monday, January 6, 2014

Faith. Trust. Pixie Dust

December 30,2013

Howdy! It was so good to see y'all on Christmas! Golly did I love it. Thank you Fowers, Activity Day Girlies, RS, family, and everyone else who sent me some love! It tickled my heart. Mom--have you asked Sister Duke or Kathleen about my hair and what brush or stuff I should use? (For everyone who does not know...I chopped my hair off. 8 inches. Crazy I know. It's been on the bucket list forever and I figured I should do it while I'm MIA on the mish and no one can judge because all missionaries are supposed to not judge..yet all the elders do and say they like my longer hair better. Well whateverrrr because it's not like you can touch my hair anyways. Okay I'm don't with that one. Sorry.)

 
Christmas on the mish is the best and I'm so thankful that I get to spend 2 of them out here! It's just so fun and special. Members took us to go look at lights and we did bell songs and the nativity with the elders at the Hydes. It's fun to do different traditions with people like Christmas Crepes or Pizza on Christmas. We saw some of our golden girls on Christmas and they are the cutest. Do all old people just tap people's bottoms? Like do you hit a certain age when that is allowed? I feel like they do it allll the time! And I just love Ms. Dorothy. Straight up LOVE HER.
 
I trained this week at district meeting. "Why is the Atonement Conditional upon our faithfulness to the gospel of Jesus Christ?" I felt like this training was just for meeee. Heavenly Father is the best. Duh. I learned buckets and now I'm just trying to #nike.
 
I used Xan's dream some for it and added some stuff: You're walking down a dark tunnel and you come to two doors and a sign that says choose. One says darkness while the other says light. In order to unlock the darkness door, all you have to do is flip the switch--easy as that. But in order to unlock the light door you have to find the right keys that are hanging on the door handle, unlock them, and crank open the door, using all of your energy to be able to walk through it.
 
It's easy to choose the darkness door and go through the motions but in the end we're still lost and confused. Unlocking the light door is hard work. You have to be diligent and patient in finding the right key for each lock, just as we have to be diligent and patient in our Heavenly Father's timing. The keys are right there on the door handle, waiting to be used. The price as been paid for each of us. Now all we have to do is unlock the door--unlock the atonement and allow it into our lives. It will take work, but the wait is worth it.
 
President Weston said @ zone conference: We can learn--but we must DO. sooooo until we strive to use the atonement in our lives, it won't help if we don't  learn and study it. We must be actively using it every day.
 
Our zone got to go to the temple this week! It was great! We are so lucky we get to go because the rule is you can only be 60 miles from the temple-and Columbus is like double or more-but since we're in the Lincoln zone we get to go! It is seriously the coolest thing to look at a room full of missionaries. I love it. I try to take as many pictures in my head as possible because I never want to forget it. Our temple is gorgeous! I love it so much! We got to see the gingerbread display too and I kept thinking of sister Woodfield. She would LOVE it.
 
Barb passed away on Friday and it's really sad. I really dislike looking at my planner and seeing her name in it and that we never got to fully teach her the plan of salvation. I'm just so happy we were able to mend things with her though. We can't figure it all out yet, but I know Heavenly Father has a plan for Tayna being all mad at us and Barb passing away and I can't see it but it's all going to be okay. I just KNOW IT. Like my heart wants to jump for joy with the faith that I have that everything will work out

AND OMH SYLIA IS GETTING BAPTIZED FOR REAL AND SO IS EMILY. Her date is for the 11th but that's the day after transfers--ps start sending stuff to the mission office--so we asked her to pray about the 9th and she said that she will for sure be ready for next week but she's still figuring out which day. OMH THEY ARE GETTING BAPTIZED. AFTER LIKE 8 MONTHS IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING. We asked her the baptismal interview questions and her testimony is so strong it's incredible. She's pure gold. She's ready for this and wants it. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. AHHHH.
 
I just want to leave y'all with one of my new favorite verses and it's in Doctrine and Covenants 88:119 "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a bhouse, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;" Take out the word HOUSE and put in the word LIFE. I know that as we strive to use the atonement every day and really work on knowing our Savior that we will come to have this kind of life--one of prayer, fasting, faith, learning, glory, order, God.
 
I love y'all so much! But I love the mission too....so I'm gonna stay for as long as I can. xoxo.
 
Sister Case


No comments:

Post a Comment